Re: ~`symbol-function' to get code as list even when byte-compiled?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: ~`symbol-function' to get code as list even when byte-compiled?
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 03:31:50 +0200

>> However now with this solution when there is
>> a lambda around the functions the lambda can deal
>> with the argument, so I removed the parameters from
>> all the payloads.
>
> That presumes that this argument is never useful,
> i.e. that the designers of this hook were mistaken.

It only affects those functions that are added with
this new method.

> Each function can decide to use the argument or not
> individually, which is how things should be. You can
> tell the compiler that the argument is locally
> unused by putting an underscore as its first char.

I'll use that for the lambda instead: that way the
functions remain unaware which was the idea all along.
If the interface isn't general enough I don't have
problem having as many specific interfaces as needed -
I think that is even a good thing, while having the
functions "must" look a certain way that doesn't
relate to what they do but in what context they
perhaps (?) will execute - a bad thing.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573