calc.el problem

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: calc.el problem
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 16:38:29 -0400 (EDT)

Before I can use vmode on about four different columns of data, I'll need to sort those columns so vmode can work at all. I'm using emacs-orgmode and so far I haven't found and working examples of the calc-sort function on the internet. I tried both vmode(calc-sort(@I..@II)) and vmode(sort(@I..@II)) wanting to nest the sort operation inside the vmode operation and both attempts just returned 0.00 for all four vmode fields. Does a better way to attack this part of my #+TBLFMT: line anyone can share? I already have seven other lines of statistics working in an org-mode table I've been maintaining and this statistic would be a useful one to have if I can get it going.