A (probably silly) problem with request.el

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: A (probably silly) problem with request.el
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 23:12:10 +0200

Hi all,

I'd like to write a small library which needs to make HTTP requests.
Now I'm completely new to this whole networking thing, but I know I can
say e.g.

curl http://google.com

at the command line.  However,

(require 'request)
(request "http://google.com";)

won't do anything good - it yields this:

[cl-struct-request-response nil nil nil nil nil "http://google.com"; nil
                            (:error
                             (closure
                              (t)
                              (&rest args)
                              (apply 'request-default-error-callback
'"http://google.com"; args))
                             :url "http://google.com"; :response #0)
                            #<buffer  *request curl*> nil nil curl nil]

What am I doing wrong?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski