Re: Control-C conundrum

From: Joe Fineman
Subject: Re: Control-C conundrum
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 14:43:55 -0400

Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> writes:

>   Someday, I'd like to spend even more money and get a mechanical
>   keyboard even better than HHL2. Recommedations are welcome.

I have used a Kinesis for many years.  They are absurdly expensive, but
it's only money.  Of particular relevance to Emacs is that both Ctrl and
Alt are handy to both thumbs, and the thumbs are used for 10 other
frequently used keys.  Also, the functions of keys can be interchanged
easily by programming the keyboard.

The designers have shown some slight recognition of the difference in
the length of fingers by moving the pinky column down a bit.  But I have
wondered for a long time why there are no keyboards that allow users to
place each key arbitrarily (with magnets or cement, say) to accommodate
their hands -- human hands being notoriously different in relative
length.  I would pay $1000 for such a keyboard.
--
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  Yanks think 200 years is a long time, and Brits think 200  :||
||:  miles is a long way.                                       :||