Re: Defining functions on the fly

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: Defining functions on the fly
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 21:01:25 +1000

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

But as Pascal already said, duplicating your function is not a good idea. Defining aliases is a bit better if you persist on prefixed versions although I the only benefit I can see is a slightly better discoverability through C-h f <prefix>-TAB.

Related: i created the snippet i pasted from `ewmctrl' so that when users do C-h m, they can read a helpfully-named function for a dynamically-generated keybinding, rather than "??".

i imagine there's probably a Better Way To Do It™, though. :-)

Alexis.