RE: [OT] Long words (was: How to enter for example \200 offered by ispel

From: Jürgen Hartmann
Subject: RE: [OT] Long words (was: How to enter for example \200 offered by ispell in its buffer *Choices*)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 02:16:48 +0200

Thank you Marcin Borkowski for your cheering contribution:

> Arbeitsunfähigkeitsbescheinigung ;-)
>
> ... a certificate of inability to work ...

Indeed: This word is in active and daily use (fortunately not in mine).

As a standard example for the German composing scheme, the perfectly valid
German word

   Donau­Dampfschifffahrts-Gesellschafts­Kapitänskajüten­Schlüsselloch

although being somehow artificial became famous.

It is taken from German Wikipedia
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapit%C3%A4n
and means "keyhole of the captain's cabin of the Donau steam shipping society".

And yes, there is a rule to use a dash between groups of tree words maximum
used in such a composition.

> (... as
> in "arbaro", "forest", from "arbo", "tree").  It can itself be turned
> into a noun, "aro", meaning "a set" or "a multitude".  It can then be
> compounded, for instance, to get "arteorio" - "set theory".  Now that is
> fun!

So one can use "arteoriaro" for a set of set theories? (Just to get the
feeling.)

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlATOHGj9EY

ROFL! The example words are perfectly chosen: From the video one might get
the impression that the reason why Hunspell gives you so many alternatives
for German spellings is not diversity, but urgency.

(Being by far OT, I fortunately managed to use the word "Hunspell".)

Juergen