Re: [OT] Long words (was: How to enter for example \200 offered by ispel

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [OT] Long words (was: How to enter for example \200 offered by ispell in its buffer *Choices*)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 13:48:04 +0200

On 2015-06-22, at 01:25, Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:

> How about: When do you drink your last milk in Poland?
> ... The day the cow sit down.
>
>     *ouch*

Meh.

> Or: What do Polish women get after they marry, which
> is long and often difficult to handle? ...
> A family name.
>
>     XHA XHA XHA XHA!

This one is a bit better (mainly because of the language component).

I like language-based jokes a lot.  (How about this: a female student of
humanities ask her female friend studying CS about dating prospects at
her faculty.  The answer?  "The odds are good, but the goods are
odd.";-))

> If you read the autobio of Steve Wozniak, which
> I think is this:
>
>     @book{iwoz,
>       title      = {iWoz},
>       author     = {Steve Wozniak},
>       publisher  = {Norton \& Company},
>       year       = 2006,
>       ISBN       = 0393061434
>     }
>
> you get many such jokes. Woz had not-that-distant
> roots in Poland. When he was into the phreak scene he
> put up a telephone "service" to which you could call
> for Polish jokes. The thing got so popular eventually
> the US-Polish association called him and asked him to
> drop it as it put their country in bad light. Woz then
> asked if it was OK if he just replaced Poland for
> Italy. That, they said, would be OK.

And that -- by far -- is the best one in your email!!!

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University