Screen size (pixels or whatever)

From: Vasily Korytov
Subject: Screen size (pixels or whatever)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 23:49:48 +0300

Hey,

How do I get screen size in Emacs?

I don’t mean frame-width, but I mean eventually the number of lines that are
possible to fit on the screen.

That is: on one machine I have 1400х1050 and I use:

(setq default-frame-alist
    '((height . 53)
      (width . 120)
      (top . 50)
      (left . 380)))

On second one I have 1280x768 and I use:

(setq default-frame-alist
    '((height . 45)
      (width . 120)
      (top . 3)
      (left . 220)))

I want to glue this in one configuration file that works on both machines.

I would like to know, if there is a function, that would give me the number of
pixels on the current display or some other mean to detect, is it a large
screen or not.

--
   Vasily Korytov
   http://chillum.github.io