Re: Update `minibuffer-line' on buffer switches

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Update `minibuffer-line' on buffer switches
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 17:43:27 +0200

Alexander Shukaev <haroogan@gmail.com> writes:

> `minibuffer-line', I'd have to attach `minibuffer-line--update' to some
> hook which runs when buffers are switched.

Indeed, there is only a timer for refreshing.  You must handle updating
yourself if you want it happen automatically in certain situations.

> Is there such a hook?  Are there alternative implementations for this?

There are no hooks in the package defined.  However, for your use case,
`window-configuration-change-hook' seems appropriate.  Of course there
is `post-command-hook' as well.  time-consuming calculations should not
go there of course.

The mode-line etc. are refreshed as part of redisplay.  That can't be
controlled from Lisp.

Regards,

Michael.