Re: Gnus + Gmail + IMAP

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Gnus + Gmail + IMAP
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 20:01:16 +0300

> Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 18:49:00 +0200
> From: Alexander Shukaev <haroogan@gmail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
>
>     CFLAGS='-O0 -gdwarf-4 -g3' ./configure ... --enable-checking='yes,glyphs'
>
>     (I assume your GCC is at least 4.8.x, so it should support -gdwarf-4.)
>     Replace "..." with whatever you usually put on the configure command
>     line, but omit any options that contradict with those I show
>     explicitly.
>
> ​I'm building 64-bit one, so DWARF is not available in this case. SEH would be
> used instead.​

I think you are confusing between the debug info and the method used
to pass exceptions across shared libraries.  The latter indeed cannot
use DWARF unwinders, but this issue is of no importance to us in this
context.

The DWARF debug info is certainly supported on x86_64.  It's even the
default, but -gdwarf-4 makes GCC use more recent version of the DWARF
standard, that produces more elaborate debug information.