Re: help in same window + colorful help + Blümchen

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: help in same window + colorful help + Blümchen
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 12:41:36 +0200

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> But Emacs has a tradition of accomodating a broad
> range of people, and that is the part I actually
> cherish most.

OK, let's do an experiment. Start Emacs in X with no
configuration to it. The normal Emacs, I mean, not
emacs-nox or anything like that. Then start Gnus: add
a couple of newsgroups, examine the server, etc.
How does it look? I can't provide screenshots, because
I'm on emacs-nox, but here is how it looks for me:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/dumps/gmane/

Do you "see" the difference? :)

> I haven't played very much with themes, but wouldn't
> that be the way to go?

I don't like themes. If you are to fiddle with them,
you will only get frustrated and then you have to do
it manually to get the last details. But because you
didn't do anything manually before that, how will you
know what to add, and how? So you might as well do it
manually from day one and enjoy it. Only not all
people do it, so the effort should also be to make it
look its best from the get-go!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573