Re: emacsclient not integrated into modern window systems

From: Raffaele Ricciardi
Subject: Re: emacsclient not integrated into modern window systems
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 18:34:44 +0200

On 11/07/15 13:12, Rusi wrote:
The setup I described is working (best that I know).
I am asking not how-to but why-to.

This is not a problem of Emacs, but rather of "modern" window systems,
that make simple customizations like this cumbersome.

If Emacs was already installed, or it was installed via a package
manager, then the operating system should have had taken care of this.
If instead you built Emacs from source, then you would have faced this
problem with any other editor.