Re: emacsclient not integrated into modern window systems

From: Dan Espen
Subject: Re: emacsclient not integrated into modern window systems
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 00:59:09 -0400

>> IMO, with those who packaged your system.
>
> We could/should also bundle a sample emacsclient.desktop file, since it
> seems to be a standardish format nowadays.

I don't see why the .desktop file is important.
If you want to use emacsclient, I think you need Emacs running
as a daemon.  In my Fedora installation I find:

/usr/lib/systemd/user/emacs.service

If things work as they should, enable the service with systemctl
and you _should_ find emacs offered as an editor choice.

--
Dan Espen