Re: While editing a CMake file, how to turn off smart indentation?

From: Vaidheeswaran C
Subject: Re: While editing a CMake file, how to turn off smart indentation?
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 11:09:46 +0530

On Thursday 16 July 2015 12:53 PM, Yaron Cohen-Tal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just want each line to get the same indentation as the previous line, and
> that TAB would indent 4 spaces. For C++ I managed it with:
>
>     (setq-default indent-tabs-mode nil)
>     (setq-default c-syntactic-indentation nil)
>     (setq-default c-basic-offset 4)
>
> In my `.emacs`, but for CMake files Emacs just indents the lines
> automatically according to its own rules, and TAB has no effect at all.
>
> Thanx,
> Yaron

cmake is absent in

    http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/List_Of_Major_And_Minor_Modes

This suggests that with a __very high__ probablity that Cmake is not
part of GNU Emacs proper.

cmake-mode comes from

http://www.cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob_plain;f=Auxiliary/cmake-mode.el;hb=HEAD

Do they have a discussion list?  May be you can write to one of the
recent committers or put a note in emacswiki (and cross your fingers):

http://www.cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=history;f=Auxiliary/cmake-mode.el;h=51663a8e10772a598f15acbcab9545be2cb3a3c8;hb=HEAD