Filling a string?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Filling a string?
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 09:06:38 +0200

Hi all,

so I want part of the buffer to have wrapped lines (preferably at word
boundaries), and part to have not (like having toggle-truncate lines
only for a region).  I suspect this is not possible, so my next bet is
to have a filling function for a string (so that I can fill it before
inserting into a buffer).  Is there anything like that in Emacs or
should I just use a temp buffer and the built-in filling functions?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University