Re: launch a program in an arbitrary frame

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: launch a program in an arbitrary frame
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 19:35:55 +0300

> From: Hikaru Ichijyo <ichijyo@macross.sdf.jp>
> Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 10:53:19 -0500
>
> I ran into a message thread in another forum where people were
> talking about integrating full WebKit suite capabilities into an
> Emacs browser, but Stallman was against it.
>
> To which, I say...GOOD!!!  I'm glad the voice of reason (ok, the voice
> of RMS) is prevailing here!

I don't recollect such a discussion, nor RMS's opposition, but WebKit
widgets are already possible in Emacs (in the development sources),
albeit only on GTK platforms and if Emacs was built with that support
enabled.

> The last thing Emacs needs is for the twenty ton bloat that now
> affects thick web browsers to come like a snake into paradise and
> afflict us all.

Emacs is very large, but other packages get bloated so much faster
that Emacs's large size is rather small by today's standards.