Re: launch a program in an arbitrary frame

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: launch a program in an arbitrary frame
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 19:06:18 +0200

Hikaru Ichijyo <ichijyo@macross.sdf.jp> writes:

> The whole reason I got into Emacs was because I was hoping it could
> bring my Internet usage back to the happy days back when it was almost
> all text, almost all done through the keyboard, all in one integrated
> environment (no more "mousercize" to use the Internet).  The mouse slows
> me down and makes me keep having to move my right arm back and forth.
>
> And on any kind of Unix system, adjusting any setting is usually done
> with text files in a text editor.  Emacs just seemed like it could bring
> it all together, system administration and Internet usage, and make the
> mouse only necessary for programs that truly need to be graphical.  I'm
> gradually realizing that, and it's a really elegant way of working.

You have Conkeror ( http://conkeror.org/ ) and Vimperator (
http://www.vimperator.org/ ) Both are keyboard-driven and configuration
is done with plain text files.

Personally I prefer Vimperator when a full-featured browser is
unavoidable, otherwise I use eww (the integrated Emacs web browser.)

[snip]