Re: starting the emacs daemon using init.org?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: starting the emacs daemon using init.org?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 01:20:49 +0200

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@skimble.plus.com> writes:

> I've been thinking about running emacs as a daemon
> to quicken my loadup times and also able to recover
> quickly when emacs crashes and restarts. But how?

My Emacs takes 2-3 seconds to start on a moderately
fast machine, and I have 75 init files!

Emacs shouldn't crash, ever. Mine doesn't, ever, so
yours shouldn't either. Otherwise it just wouldn't
be fair!

So:

    1. Does your Emacs really take that long to start?

    2. In which situations does it crash?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573