Re: How to get the new frame?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to get the new frame?
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 01:35:48 +0200

Ian Zimmerman <itz@buug.org> writes:

>> I don't understand the situation 100%, but if you
>> could drop the "browser desktop" and use something
>> in Emacs which had the same capabilities, that
>> would nullify the problem.
>
> I remember you wrote a while ago that you used
> openbox as WM. So do I, and if you follow that
> project you know I even contribute code on
> occassion. So do you utilize openbox virtual
> desktops at all? If not, you miss a lot of its power
> and maybe you should look at something simpler.
> If yes, you should be able to understand my
> situation even if you substitute some other
> functionality for "browser".

I only use X to play music videos and view graphical
material, so the one thing I do with Openbox is M-TAB
for switching between the xterm and
mplayer/feh/xpdf/etc windows:

    http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/dumps/switch-win.png

So without boasting, I don't think I use any
desktop stuff.

Cool that you contribute to the Openbox project!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573