Re: Deny keymap changes made by `evil-integration'

From: Alexander Shukaev
Subject: Re: Deny keymap changes made by `evil-integration'
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 14:52:43 +0200

>> for every package that is modified by `evil-integration'?
>
> If there are many of them, that raises a question: what is it that you
> want from 'evil-integration' that justifies using it?  (I don't use
> Evil.)  Are there any options in that package that would allow you to
> have what you want, but without the parts you don't want?

They implemented `evil' too intrusively, i.e. `(require 'evil)' would
also `(require 'evil-integration)' and some other trash that I don't
want personally.  Also, note that though `evil-integration' has lots
of intrusive trash, it also contains some valuable integrations which
are absolutely essential and simply rewriting those excerpts manually
could be a possibility but then I would have to maintain those myself.

>> > Would reloading Dired be OK?
>> >

>> That's an idea, Eli, but does that mean that I have to spam something like
>>
>> (with-eval-after-load 'evil
>>   (with-evail-after-load 'dired
>>     (unload-feature 'dired)
>>     (require 'dired))
>>
>>   (with-evail-after-load 'whatever
>>     (unload-feature 'whatever)
>>     (require 'whatever))
>>
>>   ...)
>
> You can just
>
>   (load "whatever")
>
> instead of the unload-require dance.

Do you propose

(with-eval-after-load 'evil
   (with-evail-after-load 'dired
     (load "dired"))

   (with-evail-after-load 'whatever
     (load "whatever"))

   ...)

?  Still I have 2 problems with this.  First of all, shouldn't there
be an infinite recursion here (with-eval-after-load/load combo)?
Secondly, `evil-integration' wraps it's configurations for `dired'
also with `eval-after-load'; doesn't this mean that reloading `dired'
will not change anything because the wrapped snippet (from
`evil-integration') will execute again?

Regards,
Alexander