Re: a mildly featured todo manager?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: a mildly featured todo manager?
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 00:14:47 +0200

Ian Zimmerman <itz@buug.org> writes:

> I hope to manage my todo list with emacs. I see
> todo-mode.el which is too simple (in particular, no
> concept of dependencies between tasks)

Dependencies! :)

A todo list in my mind isn't a complicated plan how to
rob a bank in a "Mission Impossible" episode - it is
support for not forgetting things, and remembering
them instantly when everything else is right!

Whenever you are the most creative/productive, there
is no time to thing what to do. Instead, just look at
the todo list and find tons of things, even tho a sec
ago it felt like there was "nothing to do" (very
frustrating) - instead, just dig in...

Also, when yo do something ELSE, it is very common to
realize "ah, here you should have THAT!" - but it is
better not to do "that" at that point, because your
brain/body is filled with "else", so better to do
"that" manually, and automatize "that" later, so next
time you do "else", you can just invoke it - actually
"later" is the situation described in the preceeding
paragraph...

So in this situation of realization of the missing
tool, you need a fast interface to the todo list, i.e.

    M-x todo RET do-what RET

Anyway, here is the source:

    Emacs: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/emacs-init/todo-did.el
    zsh:   http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/conf/.zsh/todo