Re: find-grep-dired - default directory to start with (SOLVED)

From: Martin Barth
Subject: Re: find-grep-dired - default directory to start with (SOLVED)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 17:54:31 +0200

Am 28.07.2015 um 16:18 schrieb Michael Heerdegen:
> Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:
>
>> On 07/28/2015 04:24 PM, Martin Barth wrote:
>>
>>> Making completion list...
>>> `find-grep' is an alias for `grep-find'
>>> find-library-name: Can't find library
>>> /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/progmodes/grep.el
>> No idea what's going on there.
> Maybe he doesn't have the el sources installed at his OS?  Here is the
> definition:
i've got only the .elc file there.

>> I wouldn't call this a good solution for your problem. Now you can
>> grep in an arbitrary directory at all.
>>
>> Further, you'll break other commands that use grep-find-command, now
>> or in the future.
> Indeed.

according to the source, isn't this considered to be changed, in order
to apply "customization"?

(defcustom grep-find-command nil
  "The default find command for \\[grep-find].
In interactive usage, the actual value of this variable is set up
by `grep-compute-defaults'; to change the default value, use
Customize or call the function `grep-apply-setting'."
  :type '(choice string
                 (const :tag "Not Set" nil))
  :set 'grep-apply-setting
  :group 'grep)

If not, then i guess there is no easy way to apply a "wrapper" since the find
statement always contains the "find ." instead of what i want to achive a "find
/some/where/else". So, copy paste the grep-find function and reimplement it? i
am not sure if this is good since changes to grep.el will never reflect in my
change again. my lisp skills are to lousy for that anyways.