Re: Lists composed of equal number and kind of elements

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Lists composed of equal number and kind of elements
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 12:06:25 +0200

Am 29.07.2015 um 07:31 schrieb Rusi:
On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 10:03:02 AM UTC+5:30, Pascal J. Bourguignon
wrote:
Emanuel Berg  writes:

"Pascal J. Bourguignon"
writes:

So he doesn't need a fully general solution.
OK, good point.
Not really.

I mean, ok, always implementing the most specific
solution to customers' request is a good way to
ensure job security.

But if your purpose is to change the world really,
and not just giving lip service to Silicon Valley
mantras, then you will implement the most general
solution so you don't have to do anything else when
the customer or another comes with a variant of
their problem, and so eventually we can leave
programs and robots work for us.
The purpose is always to change the world (or some
part of it, which is the same). But that robot thing
I don't want ever to happen because then what will *I*
do all days (and nights)? That would be
super-depressing!
You will write the programs you want in the language you want, instead
of having to write the programs your boss wants you to write, in the
language he wants you to write programs in.
Heh Pascal!
Is there any emacs function that also gives salaries?

Then all checking for duplicates should be removed from these instance.