Re: What's the meaning of "^A" in emacs?

From: Jorge A. Alfaro-Murillo
Subject: Re: What's the meaning of "^A" in emacs?
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 10:55:04 -0400

Emanuel Berg writes:

Navy Cheng <navych@126.com> writes:
What't the meaning of "^-characters" such as ^A, ^_, ^O ? I see this characters in some files. And How can I input this characters? Thanks.

When you say "input", do you mean to *insert* them as chars into a buffer? If so, just hit C-q first. But I don't think you should do this too often (?).

Yes, why would someone use this? The only thing that I use is the "form feed" (^L) to divide sections in plain text documents and then be able to use C-x [ and C-x ] to move between pages.

Does someone know of any other "control character" use?

Best,
--
Jorge.