Re: How can I change the default loading buffer?

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: How can I change the default loading buffer?
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 21:11:56 +0100

Navy Cheng <navych@126.com> writes:
> Thanks for you answer. *inhibit-startup-message* seems to be the key.
> When I set the variable, my method is OK. But your .emacs seems to be
> smarter.

You should probably put this in the emacs-startup-hook rather than at
the end of your init file.

See this node in the Emacs Lisp Manual and figure out where you want it
to happen in relation to other things: (info "(elisp)Startup Summary") .

If you want it in that hook do:

(add-hook 'emacs-startup-hook
          (lambda ()
            (switch-to-buffer (get-buffer-create (shell)))))

BR,
Robert Thorpe