Re: use Elisp to improve your Elisp - some code issues

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: use Elisp to improve your Elisp - some code issues
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 03:42:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Saturday, 1 August 2015 05:22:35 UTC+1, Emanuel Berg  wrote:
> The tool (code) just searches for regexps in the files whose names match
> another regexp.

OK, I don't think that would extend itself to use elsewhere unfortunately. I'd
imagined that you had a "detector phase" and then a "suggestion phase" whereas
it sounds like it's all in one go with a regex replace.

If there was a way to factor out the suggestion phase into a standalone
component (which provided a diff and some metadata) then we could definitely
make use of that in ENSIME in many places. e.g. Something non-intrusive like
just add a symbol to the gutter and require some further user action before
showing the diff (which might be multi-file) and allowing the user to accept or
reject.