Re: using use-package

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: using use-package
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 19:36:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Saturday, August 8, 2015 at 1:41:23 AM UTC+5:30, Grant Rettke wrote:
> When you add MELPA it is available via `list-packages' which is very nice.
> Grant Rettke

Thanks Grant

Can you share (the relevant pieces of) your init??

I tried use-package
Then found req-package via looking for recipes for use-package.
Which seems/claims to have to have superceded use-package.
Except that it has 'recursion' problems...
Viz. req-package requires dash, log4e
So one has either
- handle it outside the package system
- do it once by hand and then point to the
  ~/.emacs.d/elpa/dash-major.minor.patch
  And expect it will break when the version-numbers change

Personally I can handle this
However for my completely beginner students this would just add to the
overwhelming nature of emacs
So for now I think I put aside req-package and stick to use-package
[And would appreciate tips]