Re: How to quote a list of functions?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: How to quote a list of functions?
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 02:09:16 +0200

On 2015-08-09, at 01:48, Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 08/09/2015 02:42 AM, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>> Does that mean that I should quote a /list/ of functions
>> with it, too?  So: #'(some-function some-other-function), for example?
>> (A list of functions makes sense in customizing certain behaviors, like
>> hooks or filter lists in Org.)
>
> A sharp quote before a list doesn't do anything. Do it like this:

Really?

(equal #'(foo) '(foo))  =>  t

And even

(eq (car #'(foo)) (car '(foo)))  =>  t

So it seems that semantically, quote and sharp-quote before a list are
exactly equivalent.

> (list #'some-function #'some-other-function)

OK, but this seems a bit awkward, especially for my second example,
which would then become

(list (list #'function argument) ...)

Thanks anyway,

--