RE: Are two symbols `equal' iff they are `eq'?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Are two symbols `equal' iff they are `eq'?
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 09:38:38 -0700 (PDT)

> Do I get it right that for two symbols to be `eq' it is enough for
> them to have the same name and to be interned in the same obarray?

Yes.  Symbols are uniquely named in an obarray - there is only
one interned symbol with any given name.  That's why `intern' and
`intern-soft' work, to give you _the_ symbol with the given name.

Note that you can create any number of uninterned symbols with
the same name, just as you can create different symbols with
the same name but interned in different obarrays.