Re: Lisp mode doc, and Lisp indentation props

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Re: Lisp mode doc, and Lisp indentation props
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2015 21:51:11 +0100

On Sun 09 Aug 2015, Ian Zimmerman wrote:

> On 2015-08-09 18:56 +0100, Andy Moreton wrote:
>
>> The declare macro can be used to add an indent property to a function
>> or macro, which tells the mode how to compute required
>> indentation. This is described in the Emacs Lisp manual at (info
>> "(elisp) Declare Form").
>
> Ok, thanks for your answer.  But is there a way to _change_ this for an
> already existing function or macro?  That's why I asked in terms of
> properties, because I'm pretty sure the declaration just results into
> some proerties set on the symbol.  If so, I thought I could control the
> indentation by modifying those properties.

I don't know the proper way to achieve this. From reading the code, it
appears that this is handled by the indent property from the declare
form, the value of lisp-body-indent, and the value of the
lisp-indent-function property of the forms within the defun/macro being
indented.

See (info "(elisp) Indenting Macros") and lisp-indent-function in
lisp-mode.el for the details.

    AndyM