Re: using use-package

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: Re: using use-package
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 21:25:38 -0500

On Sat, Aug 8, 2015 at 6:24 PM, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> FWIW, lots of use-package is designed to work around flaws in packages.

In my configuration it works around flaws in my understanding of how
best to use EMACS and packages. Not confessing here, but use-packages
forces me to question how I am doing it. Usually I see that I was
doing it wrong. Knowing that it is a macro, and that is uses `package'
underneath, you know that you can do it all without using
`use-package'.

Today I used `use-package' to create an autoload for `pp-display-expression'.