Re: emacsclient: Cursor Color

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: emacsclient: Cursor Color
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 21:26:16 +1000

I'm playing around with emacsclient. I use a systemd user service unit to start emacs --daemon and then emacsclient -nc for startup from graphical console and emacsclient -c for startup from desktop file.

Anyway, I use a dark theme, the cursor is pink when started as emacs.

However, when started as emacsclient the cursor is dark too, barely distinguishable from background. As I said, only when started as client.

Anybody has experienced that?

This sounds similar to something i've been meaning to look into for a while: starting Emacs as `emacs` results in at least some incorrect font-faces being applied (e.g. in `mu4e`), whereas there's no such problem when starting Emacs as a daemon and then starting `emacsclient`. Since i mostly run Emacs as a daemon, this hasn't been much of an issue for me. At any rate, however, i'm not sure where to begin tracking down the cause of this ....

Context: i'm on Debian Jessie x86_64.

Alexis.