Referencing defface faces in custom faces...

From: Stuart Hungerford
Subject: Referencing defface faces in custom faces...
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 12:09:19 +1000

Hi,

I'm creating a custom theme with custom-theme-set-faces and I'd like
to factor out the face definitions it uses into defface macro calls
where I can make use of the :inherits option to derive a family of
related faces:

(defface light-text-face
  '((t :family     "Source Code Pro"
       :foundry    "nil"
       :height     281
       :weight     extra-light
       :width      extra-condensed
       :background "#040404"
       :foreground "#f4f4f4")) "")

(defface ;; other faces using :inherit

(custom-theme-set-faces 'pastels
  `(default ;; reference light-text-face here

What's the idiomatic way of referencing the faces created by the
defface macro in custom-set-faces or am I going about this in the
wrong way?

Thanks,

Stu