way to discriminate between Emacs.app or terminal launch of Emacs in ini

From: christopherpenrose
Subject: way to discriminate between Emacs.app or terminal launch of Emacs in init.el
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 15:22:31 -0700 (PDT)

I would like to have a logic switch in init.el that either detects that I am
launching via Terminal in OS X or launching via Emacs.app on OS X. Is there a
way to do this?

I am quite happy using Emacs in a terminal, and am often inconvenienced using
Emacs.app for all my emacs needs, despite netsperts who proclaim that I am
gimping myself.