tramp mode locale for dir listings

From: Hikaru Ichijyo
Subject: tramp mode locale for dir listings
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 16:53:01 -0500

When I list directories locally in Dired, they show up the way I like,
with "C" locale, dotfiles listed first.

When I connect to a remote directory via Tramp, usually I get some other
locale, with files/dirs aphabetized as though the initial dot of
dotfiles didn't exist.  This means lots of dotfiles are mixed in with
regular non-dot files in the listing, but Dired only does this to remote
machines.

Is there any kind of variable I can set to get a "C" locale for Dired
listings whether the target is remote or local?

--
He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent