Re: Why do I get a different file content when I'm opening it with diffe

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Why do I get a different file content when I'm opening it with different Emacs versions on Windows7
Date: 24 Aug 2015 21:13:41 GMT

H. Dieter Wilhelm wrote:
> Dear (),
>
> I'm opening the very same file with Emacs-24.5 and with Emacs-23.1. But
> the latter shows me what seems to be an older version of this file!
> Might this be a bug of in Emacs-23.1?
>
> Please have a look at StackExchange
>
> http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/14419/why-do-i-get-a-different-file-content-when-im-opening-it-with-different-emacs-v

Just some random thoughts: is there some file versioning functionality
of Windows that Emacs 23 doesn't know about but Emacs 24 does? Perhaps
your Emacsen are running in some virtual environment, different ones for
each instance?

Can you run both Emacsen simultaneously? What happens if you edit the
file in one? Does the other Emacs tell you that the file has been
changed on disk and ask you to reload the buffer?

--
Joost Kremers                                   joostkremers@fastmail.fm
EN:SiS(9)