w32-get-clipboard-data

From: stephencoda
Subject: w32-get-clipboard-data
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 03:44:04 -0700 (PDT)

For me, w32-get-clipboard-data
always returns null.

I was trying to understand why I couldn't use copy and paste in emacs so I
followed the elisp to x-get-selection-value which calls w32-get-clipboard-data.

But I hit C source code bedrock here:

"""
w32-get-clipboard-data is a built-in function in `C source code'.

(w32-get-clipboard-data &optional IGNORED)

This gets the clipboard data in text format.

[back]
"""

Does anyone have any insights as to why this function doesn't appear to be
working for me?

Kind regards,
Steve