End and beginning of buffer

From: javaxman69
Subject: End and beginning of buffer
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 14:37:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all.
I don't know if it is me (probably), but I can't have the key binding M-> and
M-< working on my pc (OS is Ubuntu 14.04, and Emacs version is 24.3.1).
Expected behaviour is reaching the end and the beginning of a buffer, but
instead I get the following messages, respectively:
- Find tag:
- No M-x tags-search or M-x tags-query-replace in progress
Any idea why?
Thanks.
(P.S. All (at least the ones I tried) other combination with Meta key are
working flawlessly)