cc-mode and setting c-label-minimum-indentation

From: Magnus Therning
Subject: cc-mode and setting c-label-minimum-indentation
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2015 18:30:08 +0200

I've created a `.dir-locals.el` in a C project I work on:

~~~
((nil . ())
 (c-mode . ((c-file-style . "stroustrup")))
 )
~~~

However, when visiting a file in the project all labels have a minimum
indent of 1.  After quite a bit of digging I found that this behaviour
comes from `'c-label-minimum-indentation` and the GNU hook.

My questions:

1. Why is the GNU hook there at all?  (As far as I understand the
   Stroustrup style shouldn't include it.)
2. Is it possible to control the minimum label indentation from the
   style?
3. Apparently `'c-label-minimum-indentation` isn't safe for dir local
   settings, so what does the typical Emacs user do, mark the value 0
   as safe for `'c-label-minimum-indentation`, or simple set it to 0
   in `~/.emacs.d/init.el`?

Thankful for any and all answers/suggestions/replies.

/M

email: magnus@therning.org   jabber: magnus@therning.org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay