Re: member returns list

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: member returns list
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 04:25:46 +0200

"Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb@informatimago.com>
writes:

> On the other hand, the reason to use lisp was to
> invent new kinds of programs that have never been
> done so far, so there were less a reason why to keep
> the same language.

With the dialects, I don't see new things, I see
basically the same thing over and over with some small
differences that do not motivate redoing it each time.
But, if it is as simple as you say, they activity
itself may be the reward for doing it, so do it, by
all means.

> Nowadays the situation is a little different.
> While it's still possible to invent new kinds of
> programs (and programming paradygms), with Common
> Lisp, people also want to be able to use libraries
> and reuse old code. Hence the standardization.

What I can see, programming is dead. There are a bunch
of computer people that have everything they need.
Nothing new to do there. Then there are the masses
which must be fooled to consume inferior things which
they actually are not benefited from at all. If you
don't want to do that there really is nothing to do.
This is why I abandoned it. The reason I'm still here
to some extent is I still want to learn more and
perhaps someday the state will change tho I'm not
positive it will happen...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573