Re: How specify on the command line which .emacs to use?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How specify on the command line which .emacs to use?
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 01:36:15 +0200

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> But sometimes it is necessary to use
> customizations (or much easier, or di=one without my
> knowledge,...).

... come again?

> So I have the following as the last statement in my
> .emacs file:
>
> | * Load customizations Load customizations done
> | through the Customization interface in emacs.
> | New customizations will be stored in this file.
> | #+begin_src emacs-lisp (setq custom-file
> | "~/.emacs.d/customfile.el") (load custom-file)
> | #+end_src
> `----
>
> This should load the customizations, even when using
> the -q approach mentioned. And the customizations
> are in their own file.

It is much better to have individual config/extentions
in .emacs files individually stored in the users HOME
dirs! If this isn't possible on Windoze I don't know
how to do it.

But that much I can say and that is no, that won't
work with -q, as with -q, .emacs isn't loaded!

I don't understand anymore what you are trying to do.
Custom sucks as it is a GUI-style UI to
produce code. This task is impossible to solve
satisfactorily no matter how many will work on it for
years. Remember those WYSIWYG/WYSIAYG editors to do
HTML in the 90s? At fist you took them seriously until
you realized what they did they produced extremely ugly
HTML, and after that realization the step wasn't
distant were you cut off the incompetent man in
between and just wrote the code yourself.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573