Re: member returns list

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: member returns list
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 02:48:56 +0100

>> or member* in emacs lisp since RMS doesn't want to
>> rejoin the common community of lispers
>
> What is the story about that?

I think the Common Lisp vs Emacs Lisp debate is fighting the last war.

In the past Common Lisp was the only major lisp.  Lispers had to use
that and learn it.  Using Emacs was natural and if a Lisper did then
that meant learning Emacs Lisp too.  An obvious solution to this was to
standardize on Common Lisp for Emacs too.

Now though there's Clojure.  By the looks of things most new Lisp
development is going to be done with Clojure not Common Lisp.  There's
also Racket, and I expect quite a bit will be done with that.  So,
switching Emacs to Common Lisp won't help much.

BR,
Robert Thorpe