Re: member returns list

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: member returns list
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 01:29:43 +0200

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 02:57:06AM +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:

>> > Time. Money.
>>
>> OK, what I meant was actually again why Lisp is so
>> marginalized. Not only in "industry" (yuk, that is
>> a stupid word) but also in the systems we use every
>> day [...]
>
> See [1] for the historical perspective. Without Lisp machines
> there'd be no Smalltalk (and most of the OO craze these days).

No Smalltalk -> no lisa -> no Macintosh -> no MS-Windows and no NeXTSTEP
(Apple would be dead by now) -> MacOSX -> no iPad/iPhone.

No Java -> no Android.

Imagine if the bitmap displays were only used on high end workstations
for scientific data representation, and in low-end PC for games.

Most PC would still work with text screens.