correct way to anticipate decryption failures

From: Rasmus
Subject: correct way to anticipate decryption failures
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 00:48:14 +0200

Hi,

What is the correct way to handle decryption errors when using
auth-source?  I have something like,

    (auth-source-search :host "worldwide.net"
                        :user "rasmus"
                        :max 1 :require '(:user :secret))

This throws a decryption error when I haven't plugged in my (physical)
security token.

Depending on the arguments, sometimes this is called at init time causing
my daemon window to vanish, which is sort of annoying.

Should I ignore-errors or is there a better way to test if I'm currently
able to decrypt .authinfo.gpg?  Could I re-throw the warning without it
being an error?

Thanks,
Rasmus

--