Emacs cann't display line numbers correctly for files with long lines in

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Emacs cann't display line numbers correctly for files with long lines in it.
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 20:41:17 +0800

Hi all,

I use the latest stable release of GNU Emacs 24.5.1, and I find that
it cann't display line numbers correctly for files with long lines in
it.

Say, for the following file:

https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy/blob/master/dnscrypt-resolvers.csv

I first use git to clone the above source code:

git clone https://github.com/jedisct1/dnscrypt-proxy.git

Then I use emacs to open the obtained file dnscrypt-resolvers.csv, and
find that the line numbers are displayed as `??'.

Could you please give me some hints on solving this issue?

Regards
--
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry