Re: gnus Split Rules to SIEVE

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: gnus Split Rules to SIEVE
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 17:45:01 -0700

On 2015-09-21 01:55 +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:

> But: even if the help is easy to offer, which it isn't, and even if
> the help is offered, which hasn't happened yet, it is still better to
> write the SIEVE point blank. It might not be the Lisp way (whatever
> that is) but it is the intelligent and enjoyable way that will use a
> reasonable amount of time to solve a problem the way it was intended
> to be solved.  Don't you think?

Maybe.  Depends how much effort one's willing to put into handling her
mail, relative to other things, and how much of that to do now, relative
to later.  To take the extreme case, what if the OP wants to keep the
rules in both formats and keep them in sync?  You don't recommend always
editing both sides, do you?

If OP just wants to switch from Gnus to some Sieve processor for good,
and has only a moderate number of rules, I agree with you.