Re: How to delete the parens around a sexp?

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: How to delete the parens around a sexp?
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 13:54:53 +0200

Am 22.09.2015 um 09:40 schrieb Marcin Borkowski:
Hi list,

I'd like to transform this:

-!-(some gibberish)

into this:

-!-some gibberish

I assume there's no function in Elisp for that, and it's trivial to
write one, but I just wanted to make sure before I code it.  raise-sexp
doesn't work, since it gobbles "gibberish" in the above example unless
given a prefix argument, and if you replace "some gibberish" with an
actual sentence, counting words manually is no fun.

(Note: before anyone tells me how such a transformation doesn't make
sense: I need it for writing in a natural language.)

TIA,

thing-at-point-utils toolkit

provides

ar-trim-parentized-atpt

ar-trim-delimited-atpt

Works from inside the parentized form to curb.
ar-trim-...  takes any known --customized-- delimiter, i.e. the first found.

https://github.com/andreas-roehler/thing-at-point-utils