Re: Height of Unicode chars is not right

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: Height of Unicode chars is not right
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 10:19:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 12:17:40 PM UTC+5:30, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 18:57:42 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: Rusi

> > > The development sources fix this problem.
> >
> > Ok Thanks.
> > Just downloaded and compiled 25.0.50.1
> > And its fine
> > [Apart from the 600 MB  it takes :-) ]
>
> The bulk of those 600MB is the Git history, not Emacs.

Yes that is so
I tried again with --depth 1 (shallow clone)
Shallow emacs 262M
Full clone 441M

In particular
shallow emacs' .git 38M
Full emacs .git 228M

Most important it was some 2 hours yesterday with full and less than ½ with
shallow

So people setting out to build their own should probably be recommended to
use --depth 1 ??
Whether further pulls for shallow will be messed is to be seen
[git's shallow clone was not working well until recently]