Starting daemon in windowed mode?

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Starting daemon in windowed mode?
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 11:20:57 +0100

Hello,

I found out I can start the emacs daemon with --daemon from the command
line.
But then, when I ask emacsclient to open, it open in text mode.

I was trying to make it opening in windows mode (MacOSX).

There is a --display option in emacs, but I am not sure it is considered by
the --daemon flag, as

   ./Emacs --daemon --display $DISPLAY

results in the same behavior.

I can use emacsclient -c to open  new frame (and it works). But it I use it
again, a new frame will open.

Probably my solution will pass by a Perl script that look the output of
'ps' and checks if -c is needed or not.

But before going for a hack, I would like to ask if there is some option I
am missing.

Thanks
Alberto

PS: and once again, sorry for my last question where things were not
working because I had a strange emacs() function in my bash_profile (can't
recall when in my life I did it!)

--
Alberto Simões