evil mode repeat search

From: Kendall Shaw
Subject: evil mode repeat search
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 09:59:13 -0700

In vi/vim/viper, / and ? repeat the previous search. In evil, they do
not (it seems). I can get around that by using 'n'. So, for example:

/Blah
edit edit edit
edit edit edit

But, in dired-mode, using evil, 'n' doesn't work to repeat the previous
search either. To get around that, for forward search, I can type / M-p
<ENTER>, but doing that 20 times in a row is too difficult and I can't
search backward. For example:

/Except
do something else
/ M-p <ENTER>
/ M-p <ENTER>
/ M-p <ENTER>
/ M-p <ENTER>
do something else

Has anyone come up with a solution? Or, is there some other approach I
can take?

Kendall